Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Where Do I Begin...

I've been promising that I would start this blog for quite some time. So here it is. But the problem is, where do I begin? I hate when I start reading a new blog and I have no earthly idea who someone is talking about, or what is going on, so if anyone has any questions about why someone is significant, or why I suddenly am talking about someone, then just comment and ask, and I'll make sure I clear it up in the next post! Names will obviously be changed, to help keep me anonymous and all that.
So let's see. I am home from the summer from college, where I just finished my sophomore year, and I'm in the process of getting my Genetics degree on a pre-med track. I've wanted to be a surgeon for as long as I can remember, and anyone who knows me will tell you that it is my top priority, and I'm very certain I won't let anything, least of all a boy, get in the way of me achieving my goals. Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for having fun, dating casually, and all that, but I never let myself get attached, and honestly, I have zero interest in being in a committed relationship. I also ride horses for my college. It's not D1, but we do compete against D1 schools (and win, none the less), and it's quite time consuming. Oh and I have a 20 hour a week job, and volunteer too. Yay for no social life!
But, it is summer. And I do have interest in having a summer fling. And I have plenty of prospects. But I'll get to that later. I have a great summer job, being a waitress at a big beach side restaurant. I am also in the process of starting to study for the dreaded MCAT that I'm planning to take this time next year - and my summer classes, which I am taking online, start a week from yesterday. Oh joy. At least they will be interesting. Into to Human Physiology, and Intro to Pharmacotherapy. I have been neglecting training and going to the gym since I got home, which has to change, ASAP. I only really want to sleep and go to the beach - a finals hangover, I assume. But I'm going to kick my ass into gear here quickly. The good thing is, I'm one of those over the top metabolism people, so I have abs and am tiny without trying. Yay for me.
Okay. Now the history. Lets see. I am a military brat, have a horrible relationship with my father (which I really don't talk about, so information about that will be few and far between), my moms my best friend, and I have two little brothers who are my world. I have had two relationships that really shaped who I am today. One was a high school boy, we'll call him HS sweetheart, and we met online, go figure, but ended up meeting, and then dating until right before we went to college, and then for a little while freshman year, and it totaled like 3 years. After our breakup we didn't speak for a while, but now we're best friends, and I absolutely love it that way. He's a rock, and I appreciate him more than he will ever know. The second relationship was about 9 or 10 months during my freshman year of college. We will call him the Cheater. So, you can guess how that relationship ended. Surprisingly, even though I dated the HS Sweetheart for so long, the Cheater was the guy I lost my virginity too. He's the first guy I really every trusted 100 percent. So of course when I found out he had been sleeping with the whore for over three months(and no, normally I wouldn't place any blame on the girl, but seeing as she knew about me the whole time... she's a whore.) and had started sleeping with her before I lost my virginity to him - well, lets just say I still have my issues with him to this day.
I have some amazing people in my life. I have a guy best friend, who I have grown up with, we'll call him Ace, and he's someone I can talk to about anything. He really is great. But no, we've never hooked up, and I have absolutely no desire to hook up with him. My girl best friend is someone I've been best friends with since elementary school, and let me tell you, when you are a military brat, that is no easy feat. We will call her S. S is another person I tell everything too. She is an amazing girl. And boy she has been through the ringer. For those of you who follow me on twitter (@_singlegirlswag) you have heard a little about her. Less that two months ago her best guy friend died. And then less than a week ago, her boyfriend, bless his heart, was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, a type of blood cancer. She is absolutely terrified, but is having to be strong for her boyfriend as he goes through this. I'm hoping to be on a trip up to see her next week. She needs the support. My college friends are great, but my closest friend is one of my teammates, J. She's in Spain right now, and I miss her tons.
Alrighty. Now for the current summer fling prospects. I'll start with the one that is least likely to happen. We'll call him Baseball Boy. He is one of the pitchers for my local baseball team - and how he contacted me is definitely out of the norm. I took my youngest brother, E, to a game a few weeks ago, and tweeted from my personal saying how much the kids were enjoying the Little League day the team was putting on. I then followed a few of the guys on the team that I noticed playing. Now, let me tell you, I am an avid sports fan, ask me anything about football, basketball, hockey, and I gotchya... but Baseball? No. I know nothing. It's ridiculous. But never the less, the next day, I had a tweet from Baseball Boy, asking if we had had fun at the game the night before. We exchanged a few tweets, before he DM'ed me, and we chatted for quite a while. Now let me tell you, this guy is cuuuute. Like, really cute. Dark hair, dark eyes, tall, etc. But after we had been DM'ing for quite some time he goes "Is this DM'ing a little weird for you?" and I responded that it was a little weird, but no big deal, thinking that he was using this as a way to get my phone number. But in response he said. Okay then, have a good day! and I was like, oh holy awkward. And just said, alrighty, you too! Thinking that would be that. But no! he came back and kept chatting, saying that he simply didn't want it to be weird. Well, after a few more messages I didn't hear from him for a few days, and then got another DM later that week while he was on a road trip to some more game, but the convo dropped off after he got to his hotel. That was over a week ago. Well I tweeted at the entire team's twitter asking if there was a game that day a while ago, and he responded to that. But other than that I haven't really heard from him. I was going to go to a game tonight, but looking outside, I doubt that it'll happen with the weather. So, like I said, interesting, but definitely not probable for a summer fling.
The next prospect is a Marine I met out on the beach. We'll call him Beach Boy. I had brought E to the beach, about three weeks ago, on a Saturday before work, and when we went out into the water, Beach Boy and two of his friends started playing football with E. Now, quickest way to make friends with me is to play with E, proven fact. Beach Boy and I talked for a while, and he was super nice, but we didn't exchange numbers or anything. This past Saturday I went to the beach by myself, settled down with my MCAT study book, and was studying away, when suddenly Beach Boy plopped down next to me in the sand. We chatted about the MCAT, and what he does for a living, and all that for over 30 minutes. He informed me that he was very impressed with my work ethic, and how goal oriented I was, etc. etc. But after about 45 minutes he went back into the water to hang out with his friends, and my Mom and middle brother, M, arrived. They were there only a few minutes before I left to go home to shower and get ready for dinner with Mom, M, and E. As I left, Beach Boy jogged after me, and asked for my number - which I gave to him. The next day I headed out to the beach with M, and waited for my mom, E, and my aunt and uncle. They were only there with me for about 45 minutes before I had to leave to get ready for work, but I didn't ever see Beach Boy. Well, I found out yesterday that Beach Boy and his friends found E, and played with him for quite a while, and M said that Beach Boy was looking around (M assumed for me) for most of the time. But, he has my number, and unless he typed it in wrong, he hasn't tried to contact me yet. So his loss!
My most interesting (in my mind) prospect is Pilot Boy. He also is military, and in pilot school. I met him while I was cocktailing late night Friday night. And boy was he gorrrrgeousss. Like, we made eyes at each other before he finally stopped me and told me he swore he knew me from somewhere. But he couldn't remember where. And he was sober. And we talked all night on and off, while I took breaks from working. And as he was leaving he asked for my number, which I obviously gave to him. Let me reiterate something - seriously one of the best looking men I have ever seen. Tall, good bone structure, muscly, big brown eyes, dark hair, tan, well dressed, etc. Well, I had a text waiting from him when I woke up the next morning saying he had figured out where he knew me from. Turns out he had carried me down the stairs when I was absolutely wasted over spring break. I think I literally facepalmed myself when I read that. Like, wow, GREAT first impression. Ugh. But he doesn't seem to mind. In his words "we got that side of you out of the way early". He's super sick right now with strep, but said to text him later this week. And I'm thinking I just might.
Other prospects are various guys I work with. And I'm not gunna go into detail with them. But if anything important happens I will bring them up later. And since I think this has become long enough, I'll go ahead and stop here. Hope everyone is having a great week, and make sure you guys stay safe from the Zombies! :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I also blog about dating. It can be fun to reflect on it all. Plus, it's a great way to add humor to the process. Good luck and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to get to learn so much more about you in depth! I'm so excited your now blogging!

    Love,
    Classy
    classyinkc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete