Sunday, July 29, 2012

Names Names Names


So I entitled this blog entry “Names”. Why? Because well, lets be real, peoples names are important. When I hear a guys names, there are certain names I hear that I immediately go “well they have to be sexy with that name” or “ew, they’re going to be an asshole.” Now do I really judge a person based on a name? No! But I mean, it does give me some kind of feel. Like the name Chris? I hate it. I feel like they’re going to be a complete asshole. The name Cameron? Sexy FOR sure. So I posed a question on my twitter (@_SingleGirlSwag) to find out who you guys thought were the sexiest names. And I entered two myself (but I will obviously be keeping those secret). Some I thought were good entries, some I thought were weird. So here is my comments on the names entered so far (and the votes as of 1:56 pm central time).

1.     Josh (5): I mean. I like this name. It’s alright. It doesn’t spur any “oh he’s going to be sexy” in my mind. I actually assume this guy is going to be young. But it isn’t a name I would avoid. I know one very sexy josh.
2.     Isaac (2): This is definitely one of my favorites on the list. I love this name. Maybe because of Isaac Newton (yes we all know I’m a nerd). It just screams smart and sexy. I would definitely be fine dating an Isaac. I can just picture a hulking hottie with glasses on laying in my bed…. Wooooh. I’m surprised it only has 2 votes!
3.     Landon (14): Alright, who DOESN’T think this is a sexy ass name? I mean, I automatically think of Landon Carter from A Walk To Remember, and everyone knows he was sexy and sweet and smart and… okay I have to stop, I’m starting to sweat….
4.     Dominic (1): Meh, this one doesn’t do anything for me. At all.
5.     Sebastian (3): Maybe I’m immature, but it reminds me of the crab from The Little Mermaid. No thanks.
6.     Rollins (3): Kinda reminds me of a last name, more than a first name. I mean, I could deal with it. I would expect him to be rich and classy, obviously
7.     Carter (5): I like this one. I knew a Carter when I was young who was really cute. I mean, It’s kinda a neutral name for me.
8.     Maison (4): I’ve never seen Maison spelled this way, I’ve only ever seen it spelled Mason, which I LOVE. Totally a sexy name in my mind. I knew a Mason as a kid who looked like Ashton Kutcher… They also said we looked like brother and sister.. does that mean I look like ashton kutcher?! AHHHH!
9.      Ty/Tyler (11): Another top one. I like it. I like Tyler more than Ty. I knew a Tyrus in high school who went by Ty, and he was white. And it just didn’t add up in my mind. But I definitely like Tyler. Super cute.
10. Johnny (2): Definitely not for me. I know the person who entered it was thinking Johnny Depp, but still. No thanks!
11. James (7): I do love James. Who doesn’t? I also think of James Potter… whoops.
12. Ryan (9): I always liked Ryan, until I met one who didn’t impress me. I know I shouldn’t judge all names by one person, but ugh. He kinda ruined it for me.
13. Jake (10): I like the name Jake, but I have a brother like figure named Jake, so I don’t think I could date a Jake.
14. Topher (1): Reminds me of the name Chris, so that’s a no.
15. Aiden (4): Other than the awful use of this name in the Ring, I love it. I have always loved it.
16. Austin (5): Great name. I love this one. Always have.
17. Wes (3): This name just screams sex to me. But only shortened. Wesley doesn’t do anything for me. But wes? I picture a tall, muscley, football player…. Yum.
18. Sean (1): I can’t believe this one has only one vote, especially after this last season of the Bachelorette, and the sexiness that was Sean.
19. Tanner (7): I have mixed feelings on this one. I feel like it should be a bulky, sexy guy, but the only Tanner I’ve ever known was skinny, and not cute at all. Go figure.
20. Cole (3): I like this one. Have never met one. But it does kind of remind me of the guy on mighty ducks who was on the bad team? But he was hot…
21. Drew (2): No thanks. Not my thing. Could be, maybe. But he’d have to be perfect.
22. Nate (5): Another one I am surprised only has 5 votes. I love love love the name Nathan/Nate. So hot. Just screams it.
23. Dante (1): Nope. This is a wtf name for me. Just no.
24. Damien (3): You better be a tall glass of hot chocolate to be named Damien. It has the potential for maaaajor sex appeal. But you better be about 6’4”, perfect milk chocolate skin, muscles everywhere, and have a Harvard law degree to make it work.
25. Aaron (3): I feel like this name went out back in the 90’s?
26. Alex (4): I like this name more for a girl than a guy…
27. Channing (7): Channing Tatum, Magic Mike….’nuff said!
28. Kyle (2): I like Kyle. I think Kyle deserves more than 2 votes!

So those are the names that have been entered so far. But I have to say. We are missing some really good ones! Like Michael, Matthew, Cameron, Eric, Derrick, Adrian, Gavin, Justin, Kayden, Nick, Spencer… Come on people! What do y’all think, are the sexiest 10 names in this list we have up there? I think we’re definitely missing some really good ones! If you want to submit or vote, comment here, email me, or go on twitter (@_SingleGirlSwag) and tweet at me! I will be publishing a top 10, top 5, and number one list over the next week or two! I obviously shouldn’t be doing this, I should be doing my research project…whoops! 

No comments:

Post a Comment