Friday, September 14, 2012

Semester From Hell


Semester from hell is the understatement. I mean, two weeks in and I already am sick. And by sick I mean like, threw up multiple times this morning. And I don’t throw up. I can literally count on two hands how many times I’ve thrown up when I was sick. Between not sleeping enough and not eating enough, and running myself ragged with homework, my team, and other things, what could I really expect though? At least it gives me some time to sleep and rest and catch up on stuff though.

So this Semester I’m taking a 4000 level genetics class, a 3000 level cellular based neuroscience class, an intro to physics class, and an intro to psychology class. Obviously psych is a joke, but I have to read the book, which is a lot of boring reading, and listen to online lectures, which are stupid and time consuming. I know there are a LOT of psych majors out there, but no offense, it ain’t my thing, and I really just think it’s kind of stupid. Now abnormal psych? That’s my shit. But this stupid other stuff? No thanks. Now physics may be an intro class, but seriously? That class scares the bajeemies out of me. I hate it. Ahhhh! But my professor is really good, and oddly enough pretty good looking too. Can’t hate that, right? We’ve gone through chapter 1 and 2, and they were easy enough I guess, I just have this problem with over thinking stuff if I think it’s too easy… whoops. So any physics majors/engineering majors out there, hollaaaa! I was actually in the TA tutoring room just making sure I did my homework right, and one of the TA’s (not my TA) is really cute.. may have to stop by there more often ;) Now as for my neuroscience class, I took it because I thought it would be an easy one. Well I got two of them mixed up, and of course I’m taking the hardest neuroscience class offered. Whoops. It’s definitely tough. But I’m working my butt off. I got a 100% on the first quiz. Granted, the first quiz was online and open book. But whatever. I have my first “assignment” today, on membrane and action potentials, etc etc. See how that goes. And last but not least is Genetics. I got into the class with the best professor. He’s really awesome, I had him for one of my intro to bio classes, and he’s awesome. He wrote the book we use. It doesn’t seem like too hard of a class yet. But who knows. We have a short quiz every Monday, and a longer/harder quiz every Wednesday. And those are only two classes of the week. So we’re kind of forced to stay caught up. Which is good. But we have no exams until the final in December. Which is really scary!

So you can see how I’ve been super busy. Add in tryouts for my team (which I made of course), and trying to stay working out and stuff, and my social life goes down the drain. I did manage to go out last Saturday. Saw the Cheater, it was kind of funny, he was with his fuck buddy and looked miserable. Sucks to suck, dude.

As for new cute guys, I met a guy in the elevator in my building this past Wednesday, and was like, oh holy crap. He’s an athlete (which sucks, but whatever), was super tall, and totally my type. He is also my friends roommate. But said friend (also an athlete), has started acting like he’s “too good” for his friends from freshman/sophomore year lately. So we’ll see what happens when he gets his head on straight. Maybe he has a girlfriend or something. But they live the floor below me, so I totally am constantly plotting. He also knows my teammate, so I’ve been getting info from her. Yes, I’m a major creep, sue me. But I’m gunna try and take a nap now. My stomach is killing me. Yuck.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the posts, I enjoy em. You seem like you're going to do big things in life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I sure hope I do! Comments like these really do inspire me to write more.

      Delete