Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hockey Boys and Bastard Boy


Well, lets just say that since I got off the plane on Thursday, it has been quite eventful. Lexie was kind enough to pick me up from the airport, and we immediately went to get some food at the bar I work at, Reilly’s, and then frozen yogurt. After that we went to go meet my brother’s host family, which is about 15 minutes from my campus, which is super nice, ‘cuz I’ll be able to see him a decent amount. Afterwards we picked up Izzie, and then we started drinking – of course. We had run into a few of the guys who played hockey at my school, and they had invited us to  their sophomore’s house that night for a shindig. 

So we drank sweet tea vodka and lemonade until 11:15, and then made the block trek over to the guys house. Now Izzie and Lexie were definitely a little bit more drunk than I was. But I was drunk enough that my southern accent came out. And God knows how annoying that is. I met a cute boy pretty quickly. We flirted, and eventually Izzie and Lex came over to chat. The four of us chatted quite a bit until I noticed Lex tense up with her eyes fixed over my shoulder. And when I turned around it was, of course, The Cheater. Well his teammate came over and gave me a hug and stood and talked to me. But I ignored the cheater. He had this look on his face that was half miserable, half pleading puppy dog eyes. But I only glanced once or twice to make sure I could venture away from my friends.

He eventually left. I saw another one of his teammates who again was all “ahh! I love you! We miss you!” etc. etc. It sucked to be thrown back into seeing him and everything that reminds me of him. But it’s part of life I guess. I think around school there will always be things that remind me of him. People especially. I mean we have so many mutual friends that it’s hard to avoid him.

But what isn’t hard is that I want nothing to do with him. It’s plainly obvious. Yet last night he felt the need to text me. “Look I know I hurt you really badly. I just want to know if there is anything I can do to help.” Like what in the fuck! And it was at like 1:30 am, so you know it was a sad attempt to just talk to me. He’s made it blatantly obvious over the last few years that he doesn’t give two shits about me. It just makes me mad. I probably should have made some smart ass remark in response, but I didn’t. I deleted his message, and since I don’t have his number, that means no response. But my idea is that if I see him I’ll give him that smart-ass answer. What do y’all think I should say? Cuz I know he’ll try to come up and talk to me next time. He’s done it multiple times before – so give me some ideas!

Now back to Thursday night. After the party died down we stayed with the cute hockey boy playing beer pong until like 2 am. He eventually started drinking a decent amount and then got really handsy and clingy. I mean, he was never overly so, but definitely didn’t act like he HAD A GIRLFRIEND!!! Which, I now know he did! Absolutely amazes me that guys can act that way. So after I found this out, another guy came over and started hitting on us. He claimed to be a pro hockey player (AHL), and tried to keep using it to his advantage. Which didn’t work. But I was kind of relieved when him and his friend walked with us to a great little pizza joint a few blocks away. I never like walking around campus with just girls. But after we left there he got really, really touchy and like, obnoxious. And then tried to follow us into Lex’s house! It was absolutely ridiculous! Like, no one invited you in! And then he turned into a royal ass hole when we were like “um, goodbye!” Stupid freaking boys. It’s all their fault…boys and their stupid boy penises!!!

2 comments:

  1. You're life seriously reminds me of Grey's Anatomy!! I'm on my way to med school for ultrasound and fetal echocardiography and I can't wait! Another thing I've noticed from your blog, we have the same guy issues..it sucks. Sorry you're dealing with 'em all :/ but please keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish I was Meredith Grey! I could use a McDreamy neurosurgeon boy toy to tutor me through school! And yes boys will be boys!

      Delete