Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back To School!


Back to school, back to school, to prove to mom I’m not a fool! Ahhh! I can’t wait. I ended up getting A’s in both my summer classes, which boosted my GPA a little. Still have some work to do after messing up my freshman year, but I’m well on my way! Well, where do I start about how I feel about moving back to my University? Well first off, I’m moving into an AMAZING apartment. I’m super stoked. It’s literally right across the street from campus, and I have my own bedroom and bathroom! My roommate, we’ll call her Miranda, seems to be really nice. We aren’t super close, but she was on my team freshman year, and she rides horses. She’s also pre-vet, so she gets the whole study constantly thing. Hopefully we end up getting along really well. She seems like the type of girl I could get along with, anyways.

I think one of the best parts of going back is being reunited with my girls. I have a solid group of girls who I met freshman year in the dorms. We shall call them Izzie, Callie, and Lexie. They’re the girls who went with me on Spring Break this past year, which is coincidently where I met Spring Break Boy (go figure). But about these girls. Izzie is by far my closest of them. We became really good friends around winter finals of freshman year. She’s also premed, though she wants to be an anesthesiologist. She is sooo smart, but she’s such an airhead - definitely the type of girl to make you laugh your ass off all the time. She also gives great advice and is someone I can actually talk to. Lexie I have been friends with pretty much since day one. I love her to death. She’s the only one in our little group who is not a science nerd. She’s all communication/journalism and shit. Sometimes I think she feels a little left out, but what can ya do? Everyone has their interests. The biggest thing about her that bugs me is her is that sometimes she goes giggly 13 year old girl on us. And I’m just not that type. Izzie will join in sometimes too, which just really goads me. I don’t like pretending I’m an ignorant, immature preteen. It’s just not my thing. But 99% of the time Lexie isn’t like that. She’s great, and another person I can talk to. Callie is amazing. She’s super smart too, and athletic, and we get along all the time. She’s pre-pharmacy, so she studies her ass off too. I’ve known her since freshman year as well, but we didn’t really start hanging out until this past year.

The last really close girlfriend I have is a teammate of mine who I have mentioned before, we’ll call her Arizona. She doesn’t really hang out with Izzie, Callie, Lexie and I, but I definitely spend a lot of time with her. She’s a teammate of mine, so we definitely are together a lot. Plus she’s over 21, so she can go to the bars with me, which the other girls cant!

Now as for fall semester, I’m super nervous. My class schedule is all dorked up. I have conflicting classes, because I’m trying to get into the Genetics class with the best professor, and the physics class with the better one, and still take my pharmacology class. It’s absolutely impossible. I’m thinking I’m going to have to drop my pharmacology class, and then get a permission number for the better physics professor, and then the better Genetics professor just told me to show up on the first day of class and he would try and get me in. I am SO excited about that class. I absolutely love genetics – and he teaches it in a discussion based way instead of  in a lecture mode.  Way better in my ADHD mind.

Lastly, I finally have to meet with the modeling agency that has been hounding me all summer. I had sent in pictures to them on a whim back in May, and they almost immediately emailed/called me to try and get me to come in to talk about representation. But I had to come home for the summer. So now comes the time that I have to go talk to them. And I’m nervous. I by no means think I’m pretty enough to model, but apparently they think I am. Guess we’ll find out soon. Oh and I have more to tell y’all about all the men in my life. I guess that’s for another entry though!

No comments:

Post a Comment